Summers are upon us and keeping magazine-worthy hair, skin, and nails fresh, healthy, youthful, and on-trend takes constant upkeep and attention. Doing it while the seasons change from cold to warm weather certainly adds its fair share of challenges. For me, my skin textures change with seasons- dry in the winters, oily in the summers but rough at times. With all the changes in temperature, achieving a desirable summer look appears to be almost impossible, but luckily, with these five beauty secrets, you will be feeling more confident than ever.
- Hydrate and moisturize. The perfect dewy look is always in fashion during the summer months, however, achieving it takes more than just a spritz from an Evian bottle. In fact, if you want to nail the luscious hydrated-skin look, you need to start from the inside out and increase your daily water consumption. I am really bad at this and often forget to drink water. A good way is to download water reminding apps on your phone and to figure out your optimal water intake per day use this chart from Slender Kitchen. In addition to water, a good moisturizer is a pivotal tool. You will want a full body moisturizer as well as one specific for your face as well. I love the ones from bath and body works, smell amazing and keeps my skin hydrated all day long.
- Give yourself a glow. A golden, ultra-highlighted face suggests a gentle kiss from the sun. Whether you prefer the dewy, shimmery, glowing, or holographic look, there are so many products to help create the illusion of a sun-kissed face without risking overexposure. This tri-colored Ambient Lighting Palette from Hourglass should be in every beauty-insider’s makeup bag because the multidimensional soft powder blends perfectly into almost every skin tone leaving behind a smooth, soft-focused finish- the perfect complement to summer.
- Keep things fresh. A transition to a new season is a fantastic excuse to re-do your look. You do not need to go to extremes to update your aesthetic, the addition of bangs, or adding wavy extensions or braids are relatively minimal updates which offer significant results. I always feel keeping finger and toenails painted with seasonal, cutting-edge colors like this new Grease-inspired collection from OPI, can instantly lift your spirits and make you feel like a rejuvenated person ready to tackle summer soirees, a picnic in the park, and backyard barbecues.
- Make it last. You never want to be the guest at the party who needs to leave to retouch melting makeup or be the woman at the pool with runny mascara, panda eyes, disappearing foundation, or lipstick on their teeth. Long lasting, waterproof makeup will help keep your face flawless day or night, rain or shine. Try setting your makeup with a primer and finishing your look a finishing spray like Urban Decay All Nighter Pollution Protection Environmental Defense Makeup Setting Spray, which will help keep everything in place for up to 16 uninterrupted hours. A matte lip is also a reliable, long-lasting color option in summers!
- Shade yourself from the sun. Sunshine is a summer staple, but it can also spoil your youthful skin and chap lips. Whenever you opt for a made-up look, choose a trusted sunscreen underneath your makeup. This is the most essential thing. Many skincare lines also offer the convenience of added SPF in their formulas for foundation. It is always a smart option to choose the extra sun defense when you are dealing with UVA and UVB rays. Sunglasses and hats also help protect the ultra-sensitive skin around your eyes and face. Trust me, I have been overlooking the importance of a sunscreen and I know extreme sunrays can really cause damage to the skin.
After you have perfected your summer look, you need the ideal venue to show it all off and what better place than your backyard. Why not host a neighborhood pool party after having a new above ground pool installed from Rec Warehouse? You can invite family and friends over, all summer long, and there will be boundless opportunities for poolside gatherings.
Rec Warehouse is the South’s largest above-ground-pool and hot tub retailer, and they have accumulated a loyal contingent of happy customers in their 30 years of business. Rec Warehouse has an easy-to-navigate e-commerce site with the convenience of live chat to help answer any of your questions. There are also two beautifully, furnished showrooms in the Atlanta area, in Norcross and Kennesaw for customers who prefer to shop in a physical location.
Isn’t it a great idea to also transform the look of your yard while getting your skin and body summer ready?
Also, don’t forget to share your favorite summer activities and skin care secrets. I would love to know 🙂
Wishing you all sunny, happy summers!